Saturday, August 27, 2011

One-on-one time calls for a little baking project

My six year old was at school enjoying (okay maybe that's an exaggeration) 1st grade.  I'm was home with my 4 year old, who has finally acquired the patience for baking.  The perfect distraction to help me from loosing "my" patience.

Usually, when I attempt to do this with boy boys, it becomes a crazy, messy, not-so-fun event.  There's a little arguing, there's a little tit-for-tat, and a recipe that usually takes 30 minutes tops, ends up taking almost all day.

Since it would be hard to actually help him while taking photos, I just let go and went with the flow.  I was quite impressed ... no flour all over the floor or egg shell pieces in the bowl along with all the other ingredients.  My little guy wasn't so little anymore.  Bittersweet!

Here are some photos of our session baking a recipe out of our WIlliams-Sonoma Kids Cook Book - Cheddar Corn Bread Wedges.





No comments:

Post a Comment