Friday, August 5, 2011

Puppy LOVE! A great (photography) inspiration.

Yesterday, I drove four hours (round trip) to pick up the sweetest Blue Heeler, 11 week-old puppy.  My youngest son and I packed up and drove South to Bay City, TX, weaving through farm land and not much else.  I figured why not!  It was for a good cause, right?

My husband wanted to get a companion for his Dad now that he finally settled into his new home here in Texas.  This little guy is the perfect for his Dad.  Well behaved, gentle with his teeth (our labs were not at that age), follows you on a walk without running too far, and didn't whine all night to get out of his confined headquarters (make-shift bed using our recycling bin).  I just wished his stay with me was more than 18 hours, most of which I was sleeping.  At least I get to visit him once in awhile.

Eight years ago it seemed so much more difficult raising puppies.  Maybe because we had two?  Or is it because I've had two babies since then and those are definitely harder to raise.  Well... even if it was short lived, I loved every minute, except for watching my Labs get jealous.  I'll make up for it today!

Emmie, our 8 year-old,86lb Lab, illustrates how little Smoky really is.
Thank you "Smoky" for inspiring such a great session.  I'm sure this is not the last.  You are too cute!


Want to see more from this session?  Visit my flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment